Monday 19 May 2014

The New Too Faced Neutral Eyes Shadow Palette!

So here is the new Too Faced Natural Eyes Shadow Palette! After complaints about gritty pigments, Too Faced reformulated a couple of their colours to make them better quality. I wasn't too sure about Too Faced after buying their Chocolate Bar Palette and disliking it, but I bought this palette for a friend of mine for her bridal shower after seeing how beautiful it was (and she's a Too Faced fan!) and realised I wanted one for myself!



Here it is opened up. The palette is a very nice compact size - perfect for travelling. I'll definitely be taking this palette with me to my trip to California in June! As you can see, the front has one of those "glamour guides" that all of Too Faced's palettes have. Each look follows the row of colours. Behind the small guide is a mirror!


Each colour is smooth, and wonderfully pigmented. They show up beautifully and just following the guides gives beautiful looks! I've tried each one, and they work perfectly. The top is all matte colours, making it very easy to do a neutral eye. The highlight colours are at least twice the size of the other colours, and they blend really well into the skin. My favourite so far is the middle row - it's a beautiful rose colourway.

Top to bottom:
Chocolate Martini, Honeypot, Nudie, Erotica, Push-Up, Silk Teddy, Sexspresso, Cashmere Bunny, and Heaven 

Here they are on my skin over a thin layer of NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base.

All in all, I love this new palette! It's definitely a great addition to my eyeshadow palettes while still keeping up in the quality I love!

As a bonus, I was curious as to how Honey Pot (the gold) compared to other golds in my collection!

Left to right, top to bottom:
Honey Pot (too faced), Half-Baked (naked 1), Gold (lorac pro), and Undiscovered (lorac unzipped)
Brighter lighting
Has anyone else bought the new Too Faced palette? What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment