Saturday 18 January 2014

Rose Gold Look Using Lorac Unzipped


A wonderful and simple rose gold tutorial using the Lorac Unzipped!
First try at a real tutorial! I hope you enjoy and I apologise in advance if I don't make things clear enough or if I skip anything!

Start with a good base. I'm skipping the foundation and contouring part of the tutorial and focusing only on the eyeshadows. I have already primed my face, put on foundation, have highlighter, contouring and blush. I also have chapstick sitting on my lips waiting for lipstick later and my eyelids are primed. 

So get out these colours!! You'll need the Lorac Unzipped OR a good light pinkish white, a dusty rose colour, a gold, a coppery brown colour and a brownish red for the crease.

So. I just bought this palette. And I love it to pieces already.

The colours we'll be using today are:
Undercover, Unbelievable, Undiscovered, Unattainable, and Unbridled

Start off with Undercover - a good blending colour on the inside corners of your eye. I blend it diagonally from the corner towards the middle of the eyebrow. 

Pat Unbelievable and Unattainable on. Unbelievable is this beautiful dusty rose colour, so I use it as the main colour to play off of. blend it into Undercover and cover 3/4 of the rest of your eye with it. Unattainable is going to be a blending colour so put it in the outercorners of your eye and create a V. We'll later blend a darker colour in but we want the lighter colour to make a better shadow for the crease colour. 

Here's Unbridled put on. Hopefully you can see what I meant before. Unattainable is above Unbridled in the corner, and when you blend it out, it creates a really nice crease colour. This picture is unblended.

This is all blended out. However I wasn't happy with this. As I took the picture, I realised the V still needed a bit more colour and the bottom of eyelid needed a bit more before I put on liner.

I forgot to take a picture of that step. Before you put on liner, place a little bit of gold collour on the bottom middle of your lid (Undiscovered). I then cleaned up the V at the crease a bit more, and put on liner. 

Here's a full face look!

This is actually a very easy look. It took me about 15 minutes to do my entire face along with an extra 5 minutes for taking pictures in between. It's super neutral and goes well with practically anything. If you take the time, you can always build up the colours more, but I was going to a day spa for a back massage so I didn't want anything too flashy. 

What I used:

Smashbox Primer
Tarte 12 Hour Amazonian Clay Foundation
NARS Guy Bourdin One Night Stand Palette
NARS Eyeshadow Primer Base
Lorac Unzipped
Cleaned up eyebrows with Lorac Pro - Taupe and Sable
Stila Waterproof Liner
Covergirl Clump Crusher
Laura Mercier Lipstick in Muse
Urban Decay Setting Spray

** Notes: Other really good golds for the middle lid 'popping colour' would be Half Baked by Urban Decay and Mockingjay or Cornucopia by Shiro Cosmetics. Cornucopia is a very yellow-y gold though, and might be a bit too bright. Mockingjay is more of a coppery gold so it wouldn't pop as well as Half Baked.
     If you like using eyeshadow underneath your eyes too, I noticed that Uncensored pairs very well with this look. Put that on the outer corners underneath and more of Undercover on the inside corners :)

No comments:

Post a Comment