Sunday 10 November 2013

FOTD: Golden Red Lips

These colours make me think of Christmas baubles. Deep red with golden sparkles!


I love getting packages. It's my favourite thing to receive something in the mail. It's one of the reasons I always order my makeup from Sephora's website rather than going in to the store (and I live only 20 minutes away from two different Sephoras, three Sephora in JC Penneys, and two ULTA). Unfortunately, I happened to order this package while I was in the middle of moving from my single apartment to living with my boyfriend. So! I sent my package to my parent's house instead.

I started off with lipstick in my life by buying Kat Von D's Holiday Spellbinding Lipstick Set. It contains 10 colours, three of which were new for the set. I was busy the weekend it came in to my parent's and was jumping for joy when my sister decided to bring my package into work for me!! I promptly tried each and every colour... I thought.

Somehow, I did not try on Thin Lizzy. It's labelled as a "metallic rusty red", which is a perfect description for it. If I were to look at it in the store, I probably would not have picked it up. Yet, now it's one of my favourites to play with the glitter colours inside are so pretty! I wore it out for a double date night with the boy, and then I had to redo it again today because I liked it so much!

I have four products on my lips right now. I went from only wearing Burt's Bees lip balm all the time to putting a lot more product on, and absolutely loving it. I started with a Revlon Lip Balm Butter in Honey, I then took Vampira, a dark red on the corners of my lips and blended it in to Thin Lizzy. I then patted my bottom lip with Half Baked from Urban Decay's Naked palette. 

Also to note! I was able to buy the Laura Mercier Artist's Palette for Eyes at my local Sephora standalone shop. It was sold out on the website because of the VIB 20% off sale, and I was heartbroken. I was able to call and have them hold it for me behind the front desk. I was a very excited girl, and I will post later with some looks from that palette hopefully!

What I'm Wearing:
Tonymoly (Korean) gel eyeliner in brown for lower lash line
Covergirl Clump Crusher
Revlon Lip Balm in Honey
Kat Von D Spellbinding Lipstick Set in Vampira and Thin Lizzy

Thanks for looking!! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment