Tuesday 7 October 2014

KVD Spellbinding Lipstick set 2013 vs KVD Studded Love Lipstick set 2014


Ooh! Howw pretty. Don't you love it when you can look at the mini-lipsticks and see what color they are before you even open the packaging? This girl does!!


So I swatched these lipsticks both on my arm and on my lips individually. I figured this way you'd all be able to appreciate how they looked without hating how badly I applied the lipstick!

From L-R: Agatha, Lovecraft, Countess, Bachelorette, Wonderchilde, Adora, Sexer, Hexgram, and Motorhead
When I was swatching these after getting them, I was curious as to how they compared to the 2013 set. It seemed somewhat familiar, but mostly I was curious as to how close they were.

First, I placed the two minis next to each other.


What you can see right away is that the 2014 studded set is much larger in packaging size than the 2013 set. One thing to note, though, is that it is packaging only. Both lipsticks are 0.04 ounces! 


Here they are uncapped. The 2013 set lays a little lower than the 2014 set. I worry when I put the lids back on that I might chip them. The first picture showed the 2014 set's ccolor stickers on top their packaging. The 2013 set does not have that, and in fact, even their names are very difficult to make out on their packaging. Because of which, I just took a picture of the lipsticks with their tops off ;)
From top to bottom, left to right: Ritual, Lovecraft (repeat), A-Go-Go, Bachelorette (repeat), L.U.V., Thin Lizzy, Underage Red, Mau5, and Vampira

One thing I noticed right away is the differences in the orange and purple. 2013's orange and purple are solid very bright colours. They are opaque and thick. Their 2014 counterparts are more of a sheen. They're super shiny, somewhat sheer, maybe a medium opacity, and a little more easier to pull off, I think.

Agatha
Lovecraft
Countess
Bachelorette
Wonderchilde
Adora
Sexer
Hexgram
Motorhead
Sorry for the terrible application! I was in a hurry before heading to class for the morning.

Where 2013's set was a bit more neutral in comparison to the reds and berries of the 2014 set however I feel like some of the colors are just off. I have pictures of them actually on my lips, but Agatha looks like concealer lips, Lovecraft and Bachelorette were in the 2013 set and there are no limited edition or special colours in this set. Whereas, several of the colors in the 2013 set were for the lipstick set only for awhile until they released them individually earlier this year.

I would recommend this set wholeheartedly as an introduction to KVD's lipsticks, or to try a few new colours without wanting to buy the full size. 

No comments:

Post a Comment