Saturday 15 March 2014

Lorac Pro vs. Lorac Unzipped, and a new blog header!

If any of you happened to be looking at my blog last night, it went through all sorts of changes while I tried to get my new header working! I'll probably be playing with it a bit more throughout the day as I customise the layout a bit more, but I was super happy to get a real header!

This header was made by Synthia Jester for me! It's absolutely beautiful, don't you think? I gave her a small idea, and she turned it into something awesome!! She has a lot of other very intricate and pretty vector pieces on her website, as well as illustrations and other graphic designs!

In other news, I did a DIY light box so I can hopefully take semi-better pictures for you all! It's still rather rough, but I enjoyed taking super bright pictures!

So last time, I reviewed the Lorac Pro against the Laura Mercier 2013 Artist's Palette. This time, it'll be the two popular Lorac palettes!
Here we have the Lorac Unzipped. The case is a gorgeous pinkish gold with a zipper right on the cover. It's a nice sturdy palette. It's not as wide as the Pro, but a bit taller.

And here is the Pro. As you can see, it picks up fingerprints and dust easily, but I've also had this palette for about 8 months now. 

The Unzipped palette retails for about 40$, but I got mine through the Lorac website with a discount when I signed up for their emails. The Unzipped is separated by colourways, so you have a really pretty rose-gold colourway up top, and more of a gold and reddish brown colourway on the bottom. I will sometimes mix the two.

The Lorac Pro is separated by matte and shiny shadows. This is  more of a neutral palette, however it has certain colours that make it very versatile. This palette retails for 42$.

Unfortunately Lorac has been pretty much phased out of Sephora, but you can still get them at Kohl's -- which has lots of sales, Ulta, although Lorac is a prestige brand so their sales don't let the two palettes qualify very often, and on the Lorac website itself. 

If you're looking for a palette that you can use everyday, both of these palettes are wonderful. However, the Lorac Pro just gives you a bit more than the Unzipped. If you're wondering which one to get first, I'd recommend the Pro, and then to get the Unzipped later (especially come summer and spring time!) 




No comments:

Post a Comment